CALIBRATION & REFERENCE MATERIALS
Calibration materials are usually serving a single photometry unit like luminous flux luminous intensity, illuminance or luminance, however, some LMT® products carry as well multiple units. If the emission of a light source standard is spectrally resolved, it serves as well as a radiometric standard.
In addition to light source standards, reflection and transmission standards are available. Last but not least, for sensor-based calibration methods, LMT® photometers may be used to transfer illuminance and, given the distance, luminous intensity.
Luminous flux standards
These standards are intended to be used with an integrating sphere, but may be used as well for testing the calibration of a GO-DSgoniophotometric laboratory.
- MS-110 ≡ Incandescent Lamp, 4π emission, E27, 24V AC, 100W
- MS-111 ≡ Incandescent Lamp, 4π emission, E27, 5A DC, 60W
- MS-114 ≡ T8 LED Retrofit, 4π emission, G13 1200mm, 220V AC, 18W
- MS-116 ≡ T8 LED Retrofit, 4π emission, G13 600mm, 220V AC, 8W
- MS-210 ≡ Tungsten Halogen Lamp, radiant flux, 2π emission, special port adapter, 4.2 A DC, 50W
- MS-211 ≡ Tungsten Halogen Lamp, radiant flux, 4π emission, G6.35, 9.3 A DC, 250W
Illuminance calibration may be done “source based” by using a calibrated light source or “reference based” by using a calibrated photometer. LMT offers solutions for both methods.
Luminous intensity standards
The standards listed below can be used for testing the calibration of goniophotometers using a light source like the famous WI41/G.
Luminance standards can be used to verify the calibration of luminance spot meters as well as imaging luminance measurement devices (ILMDs).
The standards listed below are intented to check the performance of measurement applications with regard to material reflection properties.
- MS-30x ≡ Retro-Reflective Sheet Material, 100mm x 100mm with specimen holder
(white, yellow, amber, red)
- MS-700 ≡ BaSO4 Barium-Sulfate white reflection standard, pressed powder in tablet form with specimen holder
- MS-701 ≡ Ceramic-based diffuse reflection standard, white
- MS-702 ≡ Blotting Paper diffuse reflection standard, white
- MS-720 ≡ Aluminium-based front Surface Mirror with calibrated reflectivity